Nick Mondo tritt vom Wrestling zurück

• Folgendes schrieb er auf seiner Homepage dazu:

There's really no way easy way around this, so I'll cut to the chase: I won't be returning to wrestling. This is something I've had plenty of time to think over, and I'm sure it's the decision I'm going to stick with. Basically, there's two reasons why I've come to this decision. The first I'm sure is pretty clear to everybody...my physical health. I'm the last person who's going to whine and complain about injuries and pain, but I will admit that I'm feeling the effects of the years I've spent taking risks in the ring. No, it's not terrible. I still get around just fine, and I still can work out, run, or pretty much do anything physically that I've ever been able to, but I can feel that I'm getting close to severely damaging my body.

The second reason, I'm sure most nobody knows of. But it's because until now, I've wanted it that way. I'm a college student. I've been a full time student for over two years now, and I'm beginning my junior year. I go to school for filmmaking and painting. I'm sure it's hard for most people to imagine, but the fact is, art is what I do better than anything else...including wrestling. To be honest, I never expected wrestling to take me as far as it did. I just did it for fun, but I tend to put everything into what I do. Wrestling has blown up in my face in the last couple years and it's been awesome, but it's gotten to the point that I have to pick either wrestling or school. I knew for quite a while now that I had to retire. I knew it, but it's not easy to let such a big part of your life go. However, since I've taken time off after TOD2, it's been pretty clear to me how big the risks I've been taking have become. Zandig and I easily could have died from that bump we took. I mean, we fell a couple stories with nothing but wood, glass, and concrete to break our fall. I think it's a miracle that we both walked away from that bump on our own two feet. ...That night was so huge for me, that I don't think I should try to top it. In my opinion, Foley should have ended his career after Hell in a Cell. The one he did for the finale of his career was way lame compared to the first one, and he probably regrets trying to do it again. So, I think I'll instead walk away with TOD2, possibly the biggest night of my career, as my final perfomance.

So what now? Well, I intend on keeping my site going and keeping in touch with the fans as long as they're interested. I have several projects in the works, including Unscarred (which will explain my decisions and help make them a lot more understandable) and more Favorite Matches DVD's. Honestly, I have enough material to keep my site going for several years if I chose to, but it really is up to the fans.

I know this is going to let people down and I know it's going to disappoint people, but if I don't start watching out for my own well being, I may end up in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. ...I'll have a lot more to say, but I'll see how the chat goes first. Other than that, the message board is open, so let me know how you feel about my decision. I'll talk to everyone soon, mondo

Auf der einen Seit schade so einen Wrestler zu verlieren, auf der andere Seite schön, dass es Wrestler gibt, die wissen, wann sie aufhören sollten.

Alles Gute Mondo.
    • einen verrückten weniger ;)
      jetzt muss noch die CZW bzw. der ganze Hardcore Indy Kack zu und dann haben wir wieder richtiges Wrestling und keine blutigen Hundefights :t-up:
      Anything that Edge can do, I can do better.
      Anything that Cena can do, I can do better.
      Edge and I both have taped out to John Cena.
      But let's face it folks, I did it better. (Triple H @Backlash 2006).
    • Originally posted by Degenerateme@11.11.2003 - 21:42:18
      jetzt muss noch die CZW bzw. der ganze Hardcore Indy Kack zu und dann haben wir wieder richtiges Wrestling und keine blutigen Hundefights :t-up:

jap, cZw is ja nur Hardcore Müll... Sie haben keine der besten Junior/Cruiserdivisionen der Welt.

Ausserdem Hardcore Indy Kack, da du damit auch die IWA MS meinst. Kann ich nur sagen: DUmm? Gib dir das Ted Petty Invitational vom Wochenende, da gabs kein einziges DM..

So viel dazu.
      wrestlinggames.de

Man sagt die Guten sterben jung
      Doch die Besten sterben nie..
    • Originally posted by Marc@11.11.2003 - 21:52:48
      jap, cZw is ja nur Hardcore Müll... Sie haben keine der besten Junior/Cruiserdivisionen der Welt.

Ausserdem Hardcore Indy Kack, da du damit auch die IWA MS meinst. Kann ich nur sagen: DUmm? Gib dir das Ted Petty Invitational vom Wochenende, da gabs kein einziges DM..

So viel dazu.

Manche lernen es halt nie.. da hilft nur ignorieren.

@Topic: Ich finde es sehr schade, aber von seiner Sichtweise aus verständlich. Er hat wirklich die krassesten Bumps gezeigt. Daher kann ich nachvollziehen, dass er sich den Folgen solcher Bumps bewusst ist und sich nun auf die Schule konzentrieren will. Trotzdem wird Mondo immer einer meiner Faves bleiben :)

Mondo u rule :t-up: :)
    • Originally posted by Marc@11.11.2003 - 21:52:48

So viel dazu.

da meint aber auch die ecw!
      Hey Ho Let's Go!
    • Originally posted by MDogg21+12.11.2003 - 12:29:14--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MDogg21 @ 12.11.2003 - 12:29:14)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Marc@11.11.2003 - 21:52:48

So viel dazu.

da meint aber auch die ecw! [/b][/quote]
      Die ECW gibts nimmer. Kann er net meinen..
      wrestlinggames.de

Man sagt die Guten sterben jung
      Doch die Besten sterben nie..
    • ich habe Allgemein den ganzen intensiven Harcore Müll gemeint, sorry Leute wenn es euch gefällt kein Problem, aber ich hasse sowas wie Glühbirnen am Rücken zerschmettern, durch brennende Tische krachen, vom LKW bumps zeigen, was hat das mit Wrestling zu tun ? Nichts oder ? Richtiges Wrestling sieht man von Leute wie Benoit, Angle, etc... oder in der Vergangenheit wie von HBK, Bret, usw.
      Anything that Edge can do, I can do better.
      Anything that Cena can do, I can do better.
      Edge and I both have taped out to John Cena.
      But let's face it folks, I did it better. (Triple H @Backlash 2006).
    • Originally posted by MDogg21@13.11.2003 - 18:39:13
      ich find das die wrestler czw u. iwa ms zu weit gehen aber die good old ec f'n w
      war und ist die nummer 1

In der ECW gabs natürlich keine Taipe Deathmatches, No Ropes barbed wire Matches, flaming table Matches, Barbed wire Bat Matches, Thumbtack Deathmatches. Ja ne is klar...

Wenn sich hier jemand über die IWA MS aufregt und nur als "hardcore Müll" betitelt, hat er sich für mich in dieser Diskussion aus Dummheit bereits disqualifiziert. Mit solchen Leuten, die sich nicht auskennen und über alles und jeden urteilen, ohne sich informiert zu haben, macht es keinen Sinn zu diskutieren
    • Originally posted by MDogg21@14.11.2003 - 16:35:12
      no rope barbed wire matches u. flamming tables gabs auch in der ecw
      außerdem rege ich mich nich über die iwa ms auf find sie recht gut

Da widersprichst du dir aber selber weil du gesagt hast das sie dir zu weit gehen.