Wrestling MPire 2008

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Wrestling MPire 2008

Wie der Titel schon sagt, ist ein weiteres Wrestlinggame aus dem Hause MDickie in Arbeit!

Hier der Komplette Artikel:

Zitat von MDickie.com

New Wrestling Project Begins
      All this week, work has slowly begun on the new wrestling project - albeit with less fanfare in light of the fact that it'll be played by fewer people than the original series (if Reach didn't work for you, neither will this). That's not to say it won't be something special though. If Reach made Wrestling Encore "look" like a demo, then this new project promises to make Reach PLAY like a demo! It's already halfway there after inheriting much of boxing game's engine. I've spent the past few days trawling through the code and carefully weeding out the boxing elements that aren't relevant to a wrestling game - while keeping the common elements that will give us a significant headstart. The first thing to go was the attacking system, which has once again been condensed onto just one button. And the fist-based collision detection has gone with it, since it's not entirely compatible with wrestling novelties such as dropkicks, etc. An equally sophisticated new system has arisen to take its place though. The different attacks now use an ungodly amount of data to precisely figure out when an impact starts and ends - with the range rising and falling smoothly as the animation progresses, which is then further offset against the size of the aggressor to ensure bigger characters really do enjoy a better reach (which wasn't true of Wrestling Encore). The travelling of these moves is also as smooth as it was in Reach (albeit linked to "Agility" this time instead of the now defunct "Reach"). Most pleasingly of all, the reaction to these attacks is also finely tuned - even more so than in Reach - with the victim ALWAYS reeling back far enough to stay beyond the aggressor (thus preventing clipping). You'll be pleased to know that I've laid some interesting foundations for the new grounded states too. It's now possible to sit out your time on the ground and regain consciousness while down there. You can then operate at that level for as long as you want - effectively deciding when to launch that crouching punch instead of praying it happens by chance! Things get very interesting from hereon...

Meine Meinung:

Naja ich bete ja schon seit einem Jahr auf einen Nachfolger und diese Nachricht in Muss für mich! Matt sagt ja, dass dieses Spiel eine verbesserte "Reach" Version sein soll, nur halt mit Wrestling. Ich freue mich schon definitiv drauf! Ich hoffe dass vielleicht das Diving Move System aus Big Bumpz in Spiel kommt! Das wäre genial! Aber naja, warten wir mal auf die ersten Game Play Videos. =)
    • Neue Infos zu dem neuem Projekt!

Das Spiel wird "Wrestling MPire 2008" heißen

Es gibt 2 Gameplay Videos:

Video #1

Video #2

Der komplette Artikel:

Wrestling Project Latest
      With the basic standing attacks in place, I've started to head downstairs with their ground equivalents. A simple stomp has got us started, but even that has taken on a new lease of life thanks to the layered grounded states. Instead of digging away at a lying opponent, you can now kick them through each stage of suffering by landing blows while they're kneeling! The attack even connects earlier to compensate, and keeps everything looking and working well. Not only is that more realistic but it's also far less repetitive, since there's a whole other set of reactions for being attacked at those higher levels. The only problem is it's now harder than ever to get back up to your feet, but I'll figure out a way to even the score. In the meantime, head for the YouTube channel if you want to see this new system in action! A whole new series of clips will begin to chart this game's progress as it slowly edges away from Reach...

The Name Game
      A lot of fans have long since decided that the new project is called "Wrestling Revolution" - but I must point out that was just the name of a preview article and was never endorsed as the title! To be honest, I'm still not sure what to call it - although this "thinking out loud" commentary should give you a few clues as to where I'm heading...
    • Neuigkeiten!

Artikel:

Wrestling Project Latest
      I'm relieved to have one of most depressingly unproductive weeks of my career behind me! I don't often suffer from the gaming equivalent of "writer's block" - where you stare a computer screen for hours on end trying to solve a particular problem - but the challenge of reinventing the flying system certainly took me there. It's still not perfect, but what we have at the end of the rainbow is at least a notch better than what we saw in Wrestling Encore. The floaty physics of the previous game have been replaced by something a little more dynamic, and they're more accurately linked to the agility of the wrestler as well - so there's a considerable difference between sluggish heavyweights and natural high-flyers. The animations also take into account how big the drop is, so huge leaps to the outside are now just as smooth as those that take place inside the ring. With the addition of a splash as a flying ground attack, I've also been looking into how wrestlers pile on top of one another. One of my pet hates from the previous games was how bodies would rise and fall unconvincingly as the game tried to figure out who should be lying on top of who and in what manner. Now the game keeps things as logical as possible by scanning the bodies of all concerned and calculating exactly where they overlap. You probably won't even notice it, which I suppose is the point! Speaking of flying attacks, the possibilities continue to grow and grow as I've just started making the railings interactive again - and I'm hoping they'll be joined by all manner of other novel platforms. It's already possible to clamber onto the backstage sofas and lockers as if they were railings, and I'm even hoping to make it possible to perch yourself on the edge of the new seating area. It may have swallowed a week of my time, but at least high-flying action is becoming something to get excited about in this version! Head over to the YouTube channel for a better taste of it...

Fakten:

Die Flug/-Animationen sehen smoother und schneller aus.

Wenn amn springt und seinen Gegner nicht trifft, steht man nicht auf bevor man umfällt, sondern bleibt liegen. (?)

Videos:

Wrestling MPire 2008: High Spots

Wrestling MPire 2008: Outside Beating

Wrestling MPire 2008: Aerial Counter
    • NEWZ~!

Artikel:

Wrestling MPire 2008 Latest

Perhaps the most important development so far is the addition of grappling - and it's yet another confident stride in the right direction. As you can see, the bizarre shoulder-to-shoulder dancing of previous games has finally been replaced by a proper "elbow-collar" tie-up! It's a much more aggressive animation - not least because the victim now has his own separate subjugated stance, which leaves you in no doubt as to who's controlling the action! It wasn't easy synchronizing these more precise stances, but I pulled out all the stops to make it happen and the results are there to be enjoyed on screen. It even extends to the moving animations, and ensures the victim looks like he's being tugged around. And one feature I've been looking forward to since Reach's clinching is that the wrestlers now aim their grapples either higher or lower to make them work at any height! A fine example is this shot, which shows a 7-foot giant keeping his hands on a 5-foot opponent. It even affects the initial lunge, so every moment of interaction is perfectly logical and looks seamless. Speaking of which, even that lunge is looking better than ever thanks to a smooth new animation. It's even working better too, due to the increased role of statistics. As with all attacks, "Agility" now affects how far the attempt travels and "Skill" determines how quickly it's performed - so exceptional ability in either area (or both) can be key to having success with grapples. I'll leave you with the exciting news that this opens up the door for me to churn out moves on daily basis now, so expect updates to become mind-bogglingly common from now on...

Fakten:

Eine agressivere Grapling-Animation.

Die Grapple-Animation wurde so angepasst , dass der Grapplende immer an der richtigen stelle greift, egla wie groß/klein gegner ist, was man auf >diesem Bild< sieht

Eigene Meinung:

Mat haut sich ja richtig ins Zeug! Die Animationen und alles andere sieht so schön aus! Ich freue mich schon rieseig!
    • So sehr ich mich auch auf das Nachfolger von WEncore freue, muss ich sagen das ich (bis jetzt) keine großen Neuerungen in den bisherigen Videos erkennen kann. Es sieht einfach zu sehr nach einem Addon für WEncore aus als nach einem eigenständigen Nachfolger. Aber vllt. wird sich das ja auch noch ändern, sind ja noch die Anfänge.
      Agnostic Front - One Voice

Stood strong through Right or Wrong
      Fought Pain with Time and Hate
      Here I stand alone and on Fire
      in a Room with a View,
      A Fence with Barbwire
      Today my World ends and so theirs begins
    • Sowie sich das bisher liest wurde auch bis dato eher Feinkosmetik betrieben:
      Man hat versucht das Gameplay erstmal realistischer zu gestalten indem man uA die Statistiken stärker ins Match einbaut, Grapple-Animationen an die Größe von Wrestlern angepasst hat und generell versucht Moves flüssiger und realistischer umzusetzen.
      Ich glaube allerdings auch nicht, daß wir einen großen zB optischen Qualitätssprung zu erwarten haben. Ich denke es wird einfach versucht alles etwas besser umzusetzen als bei WE.
      Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen!!
    • Endlich wieder was interessantes:

Artikel:

Wrestling MPire 2008 Latest
      Before I dive into making moves, I thought I might get the basics out of the way for ground grappling as well. It's once again possible to put your hands on a grounded opponent and seize them by either the head or legs in preparation for a move. As you can see, the animations appear to be practically identical to what we saw before - but I can assure you that they have been redrawn from scratch and play out a notch more smoothly. As with a lot of things about this remake, it's amazing how easily they've been reintroduced to the action too. The intricacies of that system took me weeks to perfect the first time round, and here I am slotting the whole thing back in in a couple of days! Same thing with the reversal and mess up features, which were brain teasers at their conception but have since been reintroduced in a matter of hours. But hey, if it ain't broke don't waste weeks of valuable production time pretending to fix it...

Fakten:

Bevor die Moves gemacht werden, werden erst die Basics gemacht, d.h. zum Teil Ansätze,Fälle etc.

Es wird anscheind ein verbessertes Konter-System geben. (YAY~!)

Eigene Meinung:

Verbessertes Konter-System?! YIIIIIIIIIIIAH~! Also...Ausgewogenes Konter System wäre echt geil, jetzt müsste nur noch ein Online Modus bestätigt werden und noch krankere Bumps ins Spiel! Das wäre sowas von göttlich...
    • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~!

Wrestling MPire 2008 Latest:
      Now that the game is in a more comfortable state, I returned to the climbing system to polish up a few things and ended up revolutionizing it even further! For a start, as you can see, it's now possible to clamber up to the balcony above the entrance way in much the same way you would climb the video screen last time. One key difference here, however, is that the climbing part is one swift automatic process that instantly takes you to the top (like an extended version of hopping onto an item). Not only is that quicker and more practical, but it also means you get to stand up there and function as if it were any other platform! In fact, the real breakthrough here is that you can even EXPLORE platforms now. The guy on that balcony can step anywhere along it as if it was a ring apron, and the same goes for railings and the edges of the seating areas which are now similarly accessible. In addition to simply helping you get around, being able to take a few steps on the scenery also looks and feels great. And that's just half the story! The new system is so versatile that the possibilities have absolutely exploded - allowing you to clamber up anything backstage, from bookshelves and lockers to sofas and toilet cubicles. It's already one of the most interactive wrestling games of all time, and I haven't even made a start on the items yet...

Fakten:

Alles ist bekletterbar! Zum Beispiel könnt ihr auf die Stage über Entrance klettern wie man es auf dem Bild ganz oben sieht und beste ist, dass ihr könnt drauf stehen könnt! Ich könnt aber auch auf Sofas, Schränke etc. klettern.

Spekulationen:

Es kann sein, dass man seinen Gegner von solchen Stages z.B. mit einem Gorilla Slam runtersmashen kann.

Eigene Meinung:

All hail Mat Dickie! :rockt: